- MARCH PRAYER INTENTIONS: Parishioners are encouraged to indicate the date they wish to pray along with the Parish as contained on page 20 of the bulletin.
- PARISH LAITY WEEK: The Parish Laity Week programme begins from today Sunday 22nd – next Sunday 29th March, 2020. The topics for discussion are contained in Laity programme in the Bulletin. It is a one week programme for lay people not for the clergy; therefore all parishioners are encouraged to participate.
- CATHOLIC WOMEN ORGANIZATION: This is to inform our parishioners that the plans for the launching for the CWO project has been postponed, a new date will be communicated in due time. The Mothers’ day celebration has also been cancelled. Reason: we have been asked from the Archdiocese to turn down the celebration due to the death of two parish presidents in the Archdiocese, and the death of our parish Treasurer’s husband, Mr. Benjamin Apeh. The Charity visit for Saturday 28th March will still take place, women are encouraged to send in their gifts via the zonal Leaders. Our Mothers day Thanksgiving will take place for only 8am Mass. Mothers are also encouraged to come out in mass with the NATIONAL UNIFORMS and Archdiocesan Uniforms in the case of those that don’t have the National. Through Mary our Mother we Succeed.
- LENTEN CHARITY: As part of its Lenten Charity, the Parish will be visiting with gifts one of the remote Parishes in the Archdiocese on Saturday 18th April, 2020. A committee has been constituted to plan the programme. Parishioners are encouraged to bring items such as clothing, rice, beans, tubers of yam etc to the parish office for the Lenten visit. Donations in form of cash, Cheque and Bank transfer can be made to the following Parish Account: Church of the 12 Apostles, Account No: 1013148862, Zenith Bank. Kindly inform the Parish Priest once any monetary donation is made.
CHURCH OF THE 12 APOSTLES, C. B. D. ABUJA
PARISH LAITY WEEK SCHEDULE (MARCH 22ND – 29TH, 2020)
DAY One: Sunday 22nd March
National President’s address to be read by Parish Laity Council President at all Masses.
DAY Two: Monday 23rd March. Time: 5pm
- The Etiquette of the HOLY MASS by Barrister C. K ALABI
DAY Three: Tuesday 24th March. Time: 5pm
- Continuation of the TALK, HOLY MASS and ADORATION
DAY Four: Wednesday 25th March. Time: 5pm
- Persistent Insecurity in Nigeria – Need for respect for Human Life by Barr. J. B. Daramola.
DAY Five: Thursday 26th March. Time: 5pm
- The Impact of Insecurity on National development by Comptroller Angela Esekhaigbe
DAY Six: Friday 27th March FREE DAY
DAY Seven: Saturday 28th March. Time: 10am. Venue: Church Hall.
Duties, Roles, Responsibilities and expectations of Leaders of sodalities, groups and associations in the Catholic Church.
Facilitators: Mr. Hilary Kwapyong (KSM). Mr. Chris Akede (KSM).
DAY Eight: Sunday 29th March
Thanksgiving at all Masses and Laity Collections at all Masses to end the 2020 Laity week.